Friday, February 01, 2008

counting squares and stars...


or "the post that just wasn't meant to be"

i've had a post kicking around about the blanket for quite some time, you know the kind... blogger gets hungry and gobbles it up and then the lovely links you had to go with it disappear as well {and you know... now they are kind of not so new anymore} suffice to say, the blanket is coming along slowly but surely, i'm sure i would be further along if i didn't spend so much time stacking them up and playing around with possible layouts but it's part of the fun, no?


i'm thrilled to be going along to the launch of this beautiful book tonight
{i've had a sneak peak and can tell you it's amazing}

we are also hosting a book signing at the shop next weekend, please contact me...
redfeltflower(at)gmail(dot)com if you would like details about the event.

crossing fingers that this post won't get eaten too,

happy weekend friends!

9 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

I try to keep from that stacking and arranging habit. The black hole created by that vortex is dangerous for me. My trick is to decide how many rows I need and how many squares per row. Then I take that many baggies out and put the number of squares in a baggie.

It is too much trouble to open all the bags to play.

I love these colors - can't wait to see it finished.

Mary-Laure said...

Oh that blanket! It looks lovely!

tiel said...

hello dear you,

I really want to come on Sat, but will see if and how I can escape my family for an hour. Is it OK to bring a friend if I come along?

Charlotte said...

love the crochet :)
and what a pretty little book. I have rather a thing for navy blue and stars too.

Frances said...

I agree - book is fantastic. Loving your blanket. I'm slowly
(s l o w l y) working away at squares. Twenty donw and about 60 more to go! Still, something so satisfying about adding to the stack. Hope you're well. Fx

Victoria said...

I used to have a blanket just like that when I was a little girl. It's lovely. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah

I was told about the book signing by your mother when at the shop earlier in the year and then without the reminder I completely forgot. But I didn't forget to buy Inside Out to check out Kylie whose blog lead me to yours. I love your blog it makes me wish I had the time to do mine, which I used to do before I was forced up the career ladder 2 years ago (a foodie one see www.gourmetaddict.blogspot.com its been so long I can't remember my sign in) I keep hoping I will get time to come back to it you never know.

Anyway you may not be able to place me without the face: Amanda with the son Elliot and daughter Gabriella (aged 4) who comes in to your beautiful shop now and again.

craftapalooza said...

You've been tagged....

Sharyn said...

Your blanket is coming along beautifully. I have one on the go but nowhere near finished . . !