Sunday, February 05, 2006

sometimes things aren't ready to be finished...


or perhaps it's just a romantic way of thinking about some of the unfinished objects around these parts...


this weekend i've been playing around with pulled ribbon & fabric ruffles and it seems they are just the thing for this patchwork scarf that i made last year and that never seemed quite right...


i'm quite pleased with the unfinished look, with the depth of the charcoal grograin...


and especially with those frayed edges again...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That scarf really looks beautiful Sarah. The ribbon and ruffles are a great idea. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks beautiful and the ruffles really make it. That's such a good idea to use gosgrain ribbon for ruffles... love it!

Anonymous said...

I love those photos. the fabric and ribbon...lovely.

Frances said...

I just want to touch it! Loving the ruffles, so delicate. Just lovely.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ruffles! I'm into ruffles at the moment. I've been putting togather some baby bonnets that have ruffled lace trim. I like your idea of the unfinished raw edge look. Gorgeous scarf by the way.

Anonymous said...

I like the green material on your scarf. It's a lovely combination.

I just added a link on that post for that recipe. It was one of my first posts and i havn't done a post on baking since. I might have to do another one soon.

Anonymous said...

very lovely !

joyce said...

nice pictures - some things look good "unfinished"

Di said...

So beautiful :)